Let’s not deny that there are days when friends and family just drop by your house unannounced. You don’t feel quite ready during those times but don’t you worry, here I will share three quick recipes to save the day.
But before we get into further details, here are a few things that we must check: First, look into the fridge and find out what ingredients are available like vegetables, ketchup, butter, chicken, fish, etc.
After that, list the food items you can use together to make a dish. If you think some items are missing, you can order them online or look for fresh food delivery boxes. It will help you make a yummy and rich quality meal within thirty to fifty minutes.
Now that you are ready, let’s dive into the top three last-minute recipes of lip-smacking dishes.
1. Soupy Noodles
Nothing is tastier than soupy noodles as a final minute recipe. It is not only easy to make but also healthy. You can either use normal noodles or instant noodles to make this.
• Noodles according to your guest number. Instant Noodles is better.
• Large Onions (1), Bell paper (2), crushed garlic cloves (5) (You can use other vegetables)
• Egg (2)
• Chilly Flakes
• Vegetable oil
• First, saute the vegetables in the oil for 3-4 minutes.
• Then add one tablespoon of butter and fry it for thirty seconds.
• After this, add water depending on the number of noodle packets you’re cooking. 1 cup of water for every pack of noodles.
• In the next step, add the noodles, and if you are using the instant one, use the masala powder.
• Let it boil for 3-4 minutes, and when you see the noodles are becoming thin, put on the egg and wait for the egg to cook.
• In the end, spring one tablespoon of oregano and a pinch of chilli flakes and it’s ready to serve.
2. Masala Rice
This is one of the coolest and easy to make recipes ever. And if you’ve leftover rice from the night, nothing can be better!
• Cooked rice (Basmati Rice is preferred)
• Potatoes (1), carrots (1), Beans (5), Tomato (2), medium-sized onion (2)
• Vegetable oil
• Cinnamon stick, Cloves, Cardamom
• Ginger Garlic paste
• Chilli powder, Coriander powder, Cumin powder, turmeric powder.
• Coriander Leaves
• In the beginning, you have to saute cinnamon sticks (1), cloves (2), and Cardamom (1) for one minute.
• Then add potatoes, carrots, beans, tomato, onion, and salt. Next, stir fry for 5 minutes. While cooking this add turmeric powder, chilli powder, and cumin powder.
• After this, add the ginger garlic paste and griddle it for one or two minutes.
• When you can smell all the spices, add the cooked rice and stir it with one tablespoon of coriander powder for three minutes.
• After this, add ghee and serve it with coriander leaves.
3. Garlic chicken breast with cream
This chicken recipe is not just exceptionally delicious but also super easy to cook.
• Chicken Breast (2)
• Minced garlic cloves (6)
• Crushed garlic cloves (2)
• One onion (Medium)
• ½ cup of chicken stock
• One tablespoon of lime juice
• Two tablespoons of heavy cream
• Olive oil
• Dried Parsley
• Start by pounding two chicken breasts to flatten the thick sides.
• Then dry brine with salt and pepper on both sides and set it aside for thirty minutes. Before cooking, make sure that you heat the pan and splash water over it.
• As soon the water drops evaporate, add one tablespoon of olive oil and one tablespoon of butter.
• Next, put some crushed garlic cloves and let them infuse into the oil.
• After this, add chicken and sear it on both sides.
• Wait for the chicken to cook fully. In case the pan gets dry, add more olive oil. Set the chicken breast aside for later.
• Remove all the garlic cloves and again add butter.
• Saute the onion and garlic and add the chicken stock. Then squeeze half lime juice and mix it.
• Add one tablespoon of dried pastry and oregano.
• Steam until the onion gets soft, and then add two tablespoons of heavy cream.
• In the end, taste the salt and add the chicken breast and simmer for one minute. The dish is ready.
Over to you…
All these recipes are very easy to make and take twenty to fifty minutes to cook. So next time, a surprise visit from your in-laws or friends will not make you feel overwhelmed.