Microgaming is a gaming development company headquartered in the Isle of Man. Founded in 1994, it was one of the first developers to take over the internet. The best Microgaming casinos used to operate in Australia.
In Australia, Microgaming has had a presence since 1999. They were among the country’s first pioneers of online gambling. Microgaming games included slots, video poker, baccarat, blackjack games, roulette, and other new games. Their online betting library has about 1200 casino titles.
They are all top-notch games in the Australian industry. But, they decided to leave the Australian market in 2017. So, many players are wondering if they will return.
Why Did Microgaming Casinos Leave Australia
Microgaming casino operations in the Australian gambling industry are on the decline. There were speculations that the developer exited the country. It has led to questions about the future of the online gaming provider. But they have not announced the new changes yet.
People believe that the company exited the market due to new regulations. These changes have resulted in declining providers that function in the industry. Also, it affected the number of online casino games available to Australian players.
Microgaming may be facing legislative issues. And it may be looking to focus its resources elsewhere to remain profitable. Below are some possible reasons for the departure.
Changes to Gambling Legislation
The Australian government has recently implemented changes to its legislation. That makes it difficult for online casinos to function in the country. The new rules have been consequential. And it’s forcing several casino operators to withdraw from the Australian market. It also includes Microgaming, one of the country’s leaders.
Getting an Online Gambling License
Obtaining a license in Australia can be a complicated process. Some software providers have not been able to meet the regulators’ standards. It may have also contributed to Microgaming’s withdrawal from Australia.
Australia has recently increased taxes for software providers, which means less profit for operators. So, it’s a factor in Microgaming’s withdrawal from the Australian market.
Possible Future of Microgaming in Australia
The online betting market in Australia has continued to thrive. Microgaming is well-positioned to take advantage of this. They have been in the Australian market for more than 10 years. They are innovating with new products using the most common gambling terminology. They ensure that their services meet the needs of the evolving gaming market.
The company has not announced its plans for the country. That’s why we can only speculate now. There are a few signs that suggest they may return to Australia.
In the future, the developer will return to the online gambling space. They will then offer slots, poker, and blackjack games. More of the platforms will offer more of its products as well. With developments in gaming technology, we can expect more from the platform.
Online casinos in Australia will continue to offer Microgaming games to their customers. The future looks positive for Microgaming casinos in Australia. We expect the company to remain a dominant force in the online betting industry in years to come.
Advantages of Microgaming’s Return to the Australian Market
If you’re curious about the impact of Microgaming’s return on online gaming in Australia. Here are some key benefits it will bring.
- Increased customer choice and new games. The return to the Australian online betting market will increase customer choice. Customers will be able to choose from a list of betting titles. This is an addition to the available options. The platform offers a variety of games that will suit the needs of any player. There is always an option for the novice to the experienced gamer.
- Improved customer experience. They offer customer support through live chat. Telephone customer service is also available. Players can also reach them through email support. It ensures customers can get the help they need when they play.
- A trusted brand. The name ‘Microgaming’ comes with a certain level of trust from customers. They have been around the brand in the industry for a long time. This gives Australian customers some level of confidence. It gives players a sense of security to play. This also improves their online gambling experience.
- Wide selection of online casino games. It includes new titles, classic favourites, and progressive jackpots. They also have a list of unique titles. Their designs are for those who play in teams and who love new experiences in Australia.
- Innovation. The platform is reputable for its innovative products and how they operate. Its return will help to improve innovation in the industry.
Disadvantages of the Exit
- Reduced competition. The departure will reduce the competition in the sector. This could lead to a lack of innovation in the online gambling space. This could mean that fewer new games will need development. Existing games might become outdated or even worse. There might also be an increase in prices in the market.
- Decreased market reach. It will also cause reduced market reach. The games were available on many websites and online casinos. With their withdrawal, the online betting space will experience a drop in quality.
Microgaming’s withdrawal from the Australian online betting market affects many sectors. Many industry experts are unsure – will Microgaming come back to Australia? This has generated some arguments in the industry.
But, with the right strategy and cooperation with the government. Microgaming could return to operating in the Australian market. It is not a guarantee, but it is a possibility.